Saturday, June 12, 2010

Helpful Tips for Hospital

Things that were helpful in the hospital-
-Favorite pillows/blankets
-Comfort item
-Sweats that are 1 size larger (there will be A LOT of swelling)
-Jolly Ranchers or some kind of candy to suck on! (I have the ability to taste the "flush" through an IV and it makes me gag everytime! Having another flavor to distract me was probably one of the most helpful things..also waking up from surgery I had a sore throat from being intebated)
-DVDs or TV Series- (you probably won't feel like doing anything for the first couple of days but once you start feeling better the days are very long and boring and it's great to have something to watch)
-BACK SCRATCHER- If I could give any advice at all it would be to have a back scratcher or some sort of device to help reach the unreachable! A very common side effect of epidurals is itching! Every 2 seconds I had an itch and once I was able to get to the itch by myself things went a lot smoother! You don't want to have to page your nurse every 2 seconds or make your parents stand at your bed all day!
-Shampoo/Conditioner- depending on the hospital your at you may only have access to baby shampoo!
-Spray bottle- I filled a small spray bottle with water and would occasionally spray my face! It was refreshing and easy!
-Slippers with non-slip bottoms
-Baby wipes--easy wash down!

0 comments:

Post a Comment