Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Lovely

I had 42+ injections in my knee today. The goal is to alleviate some pain in order to tolerate PT. Patients are supposed to experience numbness or pain relief for 6-7 days following the injection. Instead my body likes to respond differently. I have extreme pain all over and a burning/stinging pain that feels as if I was just stung by 500 hornets! I have another set of injections scheduled for next Tuesday although I am not sure I want to go through with it-especially after todays experience. I have included a picture for your enjoyment!



Million Dollar $$ Question: Which knee did I have injections in?

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you get some much-needed relief soon!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. 42 injections. You are one tough cookie. I don't think I could sit through that many. I sure do hope they give relief from the pain that you are having.
    Hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nearly broke my doctor's assistants hand. The numbing anesthetic didn't work so unfortunately I had to feel all 42 injections. Needless to say I was about ready to jump off the table. At one point I actually jumped and the needle went further down! That felt great! Haha..hopefully I notice some relief tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete