Saturday, September 11, 2010

We Remember

WE REMEMBER...
9-11_firemans_flag_full.jpg

It's hard to believe that the tragic events of September 11th happened 9 years ago. I am sure a lot of people remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they received the news. For me I was in Mrs. Wosk's 6th grade class finishing our Language Arts lesson for the day. We were supposed to switch classes for Math (the only class we switched for) but we didn't. My math teacher had to leave as her husband worked in the World Trade Centers. A lot of parents came to pick their kids up early. Living in NJ at the time, a lot of parents worked in NYC, some in the World Trade Centers. I remember hearing that my recreational soccer game was cancelled but I couldn't understand why. When I arrived home from school my dad was sitting in the TV room. I walked in and sat down and stared at the news. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Two planes were flying directly into the World Trade Centers.

Today we remember the tragic events of 9/11 and all those who lost their lives. We will never forget! God Bless America!

“And I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died,who gave that right to me.”
~Lee Greenwood

0 comments:

Post a Comment