Thursday, December 30, 2010

Torn again!

I had an appointment with Dr. Shiple on Tuesday for injections (60) and an ultrasound to check the surgery site and some other areas on my knee that have been swollen and painful. The injections are the same ones I had before surgery that didn't work. The hope is that now that the injury (torn MPFL ligament) is fixed, my nerves will respond well to the injections! Too soon to tell just yet! The ultrasound was interesting. Good news is the surgery site (cadaver tendon and screws) look great with no damage. However, it wasn't the most comfortable ultrasound--the sound waves were bouncing off of my screws and causing shockwave-like pains in my knee! The bad news is that the pain in the front of my knee that radiates down my shin is actually a torn patellar tendon--the tendon in the front of the knee that stops the patella from sliding up into the thigh. Thankfully it isn't completely torn and the rehab is very similar to what I am already doing--therapy and immobilization. However, I seem to notice the pain more now and will have to tell my surgeon next time we talk! I have also been seeing my chiropractor several times a week. My back was completely out of alignment and I was experiencing major muscle spasms. The treatments seem to work for a couple of days and then I slowly shift out of alignment again. Hopefully we can get ahead of it!

My family from Alabama is here! I am very excited to see them as we don't get to spend time together very often. They will be here for a couple of days and we have some exciting things planned. On New Years Day we have a family reunion. I can't wait to see everyone together!

I am still waiting to hear back from Boston. I expect that my shoulder surgeon has received my operative note! I hope to hear back next week to schedule my surgeries!

0 comments:

Post a Comment