Sunday, February 6, 2011

Got Spoons?

I came across The Spoon Theory while reading another blog and decided to share it with everyone! It truly captures what it is like to live with a chronic disability or illness. This is how I feel everyday! Somedays are worse than others but I need to "count my spoons" and know my limits. Everyday tasks are more difficult for me than for the "normal," healthy person!

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory-written-by-christine-miserandino/

If you have a friend or relative with a disability or illness--I hope this analogy will help you to better understand their life and the challenges they face everyday! If you are living with a disability or illness, this is a great way to help those around you to understand your daily struggles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment