Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rest In Peace

Last week was a very sad time for my family as Father Charlie Murphy passed away. Father Charlie was a faithful priest, ministering in various communities. He went above and beyond the call of duty and participated in multiple charities. He was a counselor at The Boston School for the Deaf and was Director of the Deaf Apostolate as well. Charlie was a wonderfully kind person with contagious enthusiasm and energy. His personality could light up the room. He was a loving family member and truly brought out the best in people. Words cannot express the love he had for God, his family and friends, and life!

Times like this make you truly appreciate the time you spend with family. It's sad that it takes a tragedy such as death to bring families together. Family is everything to me and I cherish every moment I get to spend with them. People say you don't know what you have until it's gone. Truth is, you knew what you had, you just never thought you'd lose it. I am very thankful that I got to see Father Charlie before he was welcomed home by God.

****

Father Charlie, the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup! That one was for you. I hope you are celebrating with Poppy Ed in heaven! Rest In Peace. You're in a better place now! You will forever be loved and greatly missed.

Father Charlie
My Christening- 1990

"Tears are God's gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow."

If you are interested here is the Obituary


0 comments:

Post a Comment