Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cardiologist

As I mentioned in a previous post I had a cardiologist appointment on Monday. I scheduled it 6 months ago but it worked out nicely because I have been experiencing tachycardia when lying down at night. We discussed the possibilities and decided that I would take a heart rate medication at night to see if we can control it. I have an echo scheduled for next week to confirm that nothing has changed structurally (paying close attention to the valves). At this point we don't know if my arrhythmias are caused by an arrhythmia disorder, a structural problem with the valves of the heart, or POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome). Last summer I had a holter test that showed arrhythmias. At the time I didn't present with any other symptoms so there was no reason for concern . Now that I am symptomatic we need to keep searching for answers.

Hopefully the medication works and we can control this for now. I will update when I hear the results of my echo next week!

My friend Sabrina is going into surgery tomorrow for another PAO. If everyone can take a minute to say a prayer that her surgery is successful, goes smoothly and that she recovers well, that would be much appreciated!

0 comments:

Post a Comment