Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hivamat

I had my first two sessions of Hivamat (Deep Oscillation Therapy) this week and I LOVED them. Hivamat stands for Histological Variable Manual Technique and is a relatively new FDA cleared device. It uses low-frequency, electrostatic pulses to penetrate into the soft tissue. It's similar to a myofascial massage without the need to dig into a person's tissue--and it's capable of penetrating deeper. I had the treatments on my back and the goal is pain relief. Because my SI joints don't stay in place at all, this won't be a "cure" or "fix" to my chronic back pain. We are hoping Hivamat will help reduce some of the muscle spasms and tension throughout my back--likely caused by my popping SI joints.

I haven't noticed a dramatic difference at this point. I love how it feels during the treatment and immediately after I feel so much better, but then my back tightens up again! Hopefully after a couple more sessions I will start to make forward progress with the treatments. If it proves beneficial we can possibly get a personal machine. I have a TENS unit but I just don't like how it feels and it doesn't really provide any relief. I only use it when I am in unbearable pain.


0 comments:

Post a Comment