Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mental Health

I am taking a class this semester for my major called Mental Health and Society. It is a fascinating class that discusses mental disorders, society's views on mental illness, and steps to managing one's own mental health (with or without a mental disorder).

I do not have a mental health disorder myself but have learned more about mental health in general and its importance for everyone.

I am posting about this because a lot of people with chronic disorders/illnesses are also depressed. Clinical depression is a mental disorder that is very treatable and manageable if the correct steps are taken.

For those interested in learning more about controlling/managing your mental health, I highly recommend purchasing Behind Happy Faces (as low as $2.58/used or $5.10/new on Amazon). It is without a doubt one of the best required/assigned textbooks I have ever read in any class.

Click on Amazon (above) to be directed to the book

0 comments:

Post a Comment