Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pain Pain Go Away...

The last 2 days have been really painful. I have a debilitating, sharp, pinching pain in my butt that almost feels like something is stuck or out of place. Something is definitely not normal about this. I am going to talk to my doctor about it on Tuesday when I have PT. My doctor practices out of the physical therapy place I go to which is super convenient. Every Tuesday I get to talk to him about how things are going, even if I don't have an appointment. He also talks regularly with my therapist.

Tonight is going to be another sleepless night! However at least I have a fresh new look to my room. My uncle, brother, and mom worked really hard to rearrange my furniture to make moving around and getting into and out of bed easier for my recovery! I can't thank them enough! It's already easier to get into my bed. Unfortunately I was useless in this whole process. I don't like to rely on other people to get stuff done!

For those of you who are reading this because you have hip problems as well, I highly recommend visiting Hip Chicks! It's a group of teenagers and women that all have hip problems and are recovering from or preparing for surgery. It is not exclusively PAO surgery. Some of them are facing Total Hip Replacements, arthroscopic procedures, Surgical Dislocation of the Hip surgery, or debridement type surgeries for FAI. The girls are super nice, they answer questions about what to expect and most importantly they actually understand what it's like to be in excruciating pain because of a hip condition. Check it out! http://hipchicksunite.ning.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment