Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yay!

I just got back from my ultrasound! I do NOT have any blood clots which is great news! The pain is probably just bad muscle spasms-that I can't seem to control with valium. Regardless it is reassuring to know that I don't have any complications!

My right hip has been very painful lately-which is annoying because I am barely mobile. I lay in bed most of the time with the occasional trip downstairs to get food! I am also starting to experience post-op pain in my left hip which until now has been pretty close to non-existent. I guess I shouldn't have expected a completely pain free recovery. My hip feels very heavy and it's uncomfortable. I also feel a click/pop with every step of my 1/6th weight-bearing (which is close to nothing). The clicking, I am told, is completely normal and may never fully go away but should improve over time! I still have a pre-surgery pain symptom (pinching pain in butt) that is extremely annoying and painful-especially when standing up from sitting and more recently when swinging my leg through while crutching. I hope this pain disappears soon as it was probably one of my biggest complaints before surgery! I'd love to not need another scope surgery on my left hip but it is too soon to tell right now what will come of it!

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy too that you didn't have blood clot. Talk about a scare and then a relief to follow. That isn't good about you are hurting and the valium just not quite doing the trick. I wish it could be easier for you.
    I am glad to see that your insurance did cover everything. That is always a good thing.
    Oh and yes I found out yesterday that I am immune to the Fifth Disease so I don't have to worry. It made me feel so much more at ease instead of wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news for you about being immune! That definitely must feel great to have behind you.

    My post-operative hip pain is close to non-existent and it has been like this since the epidural came out. At this point it seems like other areas aren't working properly and are causing pain! I definitely think I have it easier than most who go through with a PAO!

    ReplyDelete