Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not Ready!

Today would have been day 4 at SJU. Unfortunately I can only say that I made it through 3 days--although barely. Last night my mom and I came to the conclusion that I should take this semester off as I am not physically ready to navigate a college campus and focus on my courses. My groin pain is unbearable and sitting is very difficult. The hour commute was too painful and I could barely pay attention in class because of the pain. My kneecap is becoming more and more unstable--it subluxated IN the brace the other day. It's upsetting because I was very excited to get back into the swing of things. I really liked my classes as well. My spanish teacher was amazing and the class was really interactive. I met a bunch of new people in that class and I was excited about meeting more people. My IHS-Chronic Illnesses course was great. The teacher was so easy-going and the topics that were going to be covered were so interesting.

Instead of taking courses for credits at SJU, I will be taking 2 online (self-paced) classes that don't count towards anything. This will give me something to focus on and I will treat them like I would a credited course. I am taking Anatomy and Physiology 101 and Medical Terminology.

I started back at work this week although it has been very very difficult. I am in so much constant pain that it's hard for me to coach. I will be working 3 days a week--only for a couple of hours and will work primarily with the level 4s (verbally) and in the office.

Unfortunately I had an incident during one of my classes that set me back again! Some kid knocked his chair into my left (bad) leg and crutch--to stop myself from falling I put the leg down hard. My kneecap subluxated in the brace and I felt as if my hip was being ripped out of the joint. I was planning on having my knee surgery in December but will try and schedule for sometime in October now that I don't have classes. If October works out I will probably have my RPAO/scope in February! I was supposed to have 3 PT sessions this week but had to cancel today as I was in too much pain and wouldn't have gotten anything done.

Tomorrow Shane has his first official HS soccer game of his senior year! I am excited that the season is starting--gives me another event to look forward to every week.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry things have to be so tough for you right now. I wish it could be easier for you. You have such a positive attitude about it all. And you have really great support from your family. That always helps.
    Hang in there and remember you are never alone.

    ReplyDelete