Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Surgery Update

I had my left knee surgery today! My surgeon performed a scope, lateral release and MPFL reconstruction. He said my kneecap was sitting way out of place, but feels very good about the surgery. GREAT NEWS! He also removed all 3 of my screws. I am screw-less..at least in terms of my hips and of course until my RPAO this winter.

I have close to no pain, and if all goes according to plan I should be getting out of here tomorrow. I just have to pass PT and eat solid food. Piece of cake : )

I have to wear a post-op brace for 6 weeks. It will be locked for a couple weeks and I will gradually be allowed to bend the knee more. I should be able to start therapy in about 2 weeks. Because my screws were removed, I was given partial weight-bearing restrictions. Once the bones have filled the screw holes, I will be allowed to weight-bear as tolerated. I should expect to be on crutches for about 4 weeks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment