Tuesday, November 16, 2010

60 Degrees

Cam told me last week that my only PT "homework" was to bend my knee to 60 degrees. He told me that if I was unable to do that, that therapy would be very painful on Tuesday (today). I was unsuccessful this weekend, but I am happy to say that I am now able to bend my knee to 60 degrees! He definitely wasn't joking when he said it would be painful though! I am still not comfortable with keeping my knee flexed at 60 degrees but Cam said he is happy as long as I am progressing in terms of ROM. Hopefully I can meet the next 2 flexion goals. At this point in my recovery I should be at 90 degrees but I am not exactly on schedule. The goal is to get back on track by next week! Should be a fun week/weekend!

Goal 1: 70 degrees by Thursday
Goal 2: 90 degrees by Tuesday

I spoke with Dr. Shiple today. I see him on November 3oth for a post-op appointment and he will evaluate my shoulder as well. He said there is a chance I tore something when it popped out and if it continues to subluxate or dislocate then we need to discuss further treatment options--therapy won't do the trick. I made it very clear that I do not want to have surgery on this shoulder again (if I can avoid it) and if there is a tear or if the ligaments are too loose then I may actually give PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma therapy) a shot. Dr. Shiple has not done PRP on a patient with EDS so it would be an educated guess as to whether or not it will work on me (it can't hurt though). The PRP would be combined with prolo injections (my favorite). I won't know much more (regarding my shoulder) until November 30th! Until then I will focus on my knee recovery and will avoid movements that cause my shoulder to pop out--which is something I can't always control.


0 comments:

Post a Comment