Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake

Today was a little like an earthquake with the news I received...

I saw Dr. Shiple today to discuss my trip to Boston and to have an ultrasound of my groin (psoas and rectus femoris), and right knee (MPFL). Strangely enough all three have something in common--a diagnosis I am way too familiar with. They are all torn. I have a large tear in both my rectus femoris and psoas, and my MPFL ligament has torn away from my kneecap. Unfortunately I don't have many options for the rectus femoris and psoas tears. I will continue with therapy and hopefully my hip returns to a functioning state soon. As for my knee, the ultrasound helped confirm that I should in fact go ahead with knee surgery this December. 

During this appointment we also felt a tremor from the east coast earthquake. As Dr. Shiple pointed out, this would happen during MY appointment. 

Tomorrow is a busy day! I have Hivamat, PT and a Cardiologist appointment. Hopefully no more earthquakes (literally and figuratively). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment