Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookies for Santa

I was discharged yesterday (Monday- day 3 post-op). I saw my favorite Clinical Assistant, Cleanine, when Shane and I took a wheelchair tour of the hospital. Cleanine told me she will look for me when I am there for my ankle surgery! She's awesome. Shane pushed me around the hospital in a wheelchair...and what an adventure that was. I am pretty sure we ended up in unauthorized areas. When the pretty colorful walls disappear, that's probably a sign that we aren't supposed to be there! Anyway, we had some good laughs in the process.

I am in New Hampshire with family until the 23rd when we head to Connecticut. I can't wait to be with family. As I mentioned in previous posts, there is nothing better than being with family for the holidays and I would never do anything to have that taken away.

Day 3 Post-op
The pain was still bad. I took tylenol every 6 hours and really found no relief...but who would with over the counter medication for a fractured tibia and reconstructed knee? Thankfully I only had to go up 3 stairs to pass PT so I didn't really have to worry about my bp dropping in the middle. After PT we waited for my commode to arrive and then packed the car and headed to NH. The Bruins were the main focus of my night and I am excited to say that they extended their winning streak to 5 and beat the Montreal Canadiens!

Day 4 Post-op
Today is much better. I am still feel like my incisions are ripping open when I stand up and crutch but I got dressed by myself today. I also feel like the Tylenol is actually having an effect which means the pain is definitely improving. I was excited to wake up and watch NESN, a channel we don't get in PA but need! I also helped my aunt wrap presents while watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the original) and now I am watching Family Feud. I may attempt a shower tonight as well but haven't decided if I am up to it yet!

Tomorrow is cookie making day! We are going to make Boston sports cookies and chocolate turtles! Tis' the season..

I miss my puppies Mick and Roo! I can't wait to see them in a couple weeks! (below are my 2 favorite pictures of the boys)

Roo

Mick
The boys will turn 2 years old on January 25th!

0 comments:

Post a Comment