Thursday, August 30, 2012

My EDS Journey

Here is an updated version of the slideshow/video I posted in my post "Speechless." It basically documents the last 3 years after being diagnosed with hip dysplasia and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. It covers both the good and bad times. This is a slideshow that I will continue to add to because the journey with EDS is ongoing.


*Despite living with an incurable disorder, I still live my life. I am a full-time college student and aspiring nurse. EDS has changed my life drastically but it is NOT my entire life.

Song: I'm Alive by Kenny Chesney

Below are some lyrics from the song that I feel I can easily relate to...

So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars
That I'm alive and well

It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I'm alive

0 comments:

Post a Comment