Sunday, September 16, 2012

Back to PT

I start back at PT tomorrow for my shoulder. Since I started therapy 3 years ago this has been my longest break but I am ready to finally start the rehab process. I will have PT twice a week and will likely be in therapy for several months. My shoulder surgeon likes therapy to progress very slowly and his goal is 20-30 degrees less than the left side (to give you an idea of just how bad this shoulder was).

Other than overall soreness everyday, my shoulder feels good. However, some movements are still really painful and I definitely have limited ROM. Good news is the shoulder finally feels stable, a feeling that I haven't had in a long time. Hopefully after a few weeks of therapy I will start to regain some more mobility and function. After the ROM returns we can begin to strengthen the muscles. 

I don't know if I will have a break in therapy before hip surgery in December but once I talk to Cam about my future plans and he evaluates my shoulder, I am sure we can come up with realistic goals. 

I am going to start reminding myself of the "10 Nevers of PT"


0 comments:

Post a Comment