Sunday, December 23, 2012

Surrounded with Love

I was 1 week post-op this past Friday. I am still exhausted but overall I am doing well. Fortunately the pain has been manageable--morning and nights are painful but Tylenol does the trick. I have a lot of bruising too. I am still very swollen and have been wearing loose pants and sweats everyday. The incision area is very sore. Because of this my Christmas outfit consists of men's flannel pajama pants and a funny Christmas themed shirt. I still think it's cute ;)

My Christmas shirt :)
I scheduled PT and will start on January 2nd. I am ready to get things going and regain strength in my operative leg. I will also need to work on my gait because I waddle like a penguin and really have not walked normally in quite awhile. My gait will likely improve with more strength and muscle control.

I have a cyst in my vein near where the IV was. It's not really a problem but is inconvenient. It makes crutching painful but with ice seems to be getting a little better.

I have been spending time with family over the past two weeks and I couldn't be happier. There really is nothing better than being with family, especially over the holidays. I decorated Christmas cookies with my aunt, cousin and mom last week. Tonight I made chocolate turtles (pretzels, rolos, and walnuts). I am staying at my grandma's house and every night family comes over. The other night we had an awesome time playing games--Headbandz and Catch Phrase. We could not stop laughing! I am looking forward to seeing more of my cousins tomorrow night and on Christmas day as well. We have so many Christmas traditions that I cherish.

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy holiday season!

My Christmas cookies...

I would also like to extend my "CONGRATULATIONS" to my amazing uncle on his engagement! I love you so much Uncle Kevin and I am so happy for you and April. 

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a great start to 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update and the congrats Jill! I love you so much too! And thanks again for the help on the ring. April loves it and loves that you, your mom and Mimi helped pick it out. Glad you're having fun with the family up in CT, look forward to seeing you soon. Love, Uncle Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why it took me so long to find your blog, but I'm glad I did! I was diagnosed with Ehlers Danlos Hypermobility and can relate to your posts big time! I love your attitude! I try to be as positive as possible, sometimes it gets the best of me, but I'm only human :) Anyways, I'll be keeping up with your posts and if you want to, I have a blog of my own :

    http://belligerenthousewife.wordpress.com/

    Much Love,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robin! Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete