Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Surgery Update

So I haven't posted in awhile and since my last post I have had my surgeries...

I am 1 week post-op as I had surgery last Tuesday in Boston. I spent 3 nights in the hospital and have been hanging out at my grandma's house for the last week. I will head home this weekend and I am so excited to see my puppies. I miss them so much.

There was quite a bit done so I will break it down by joint/area.

Right hip: I had a labral repair, osteoplasty for FAI and my IT band was re-released. The release was done via my previous open incision, while my labrum and FAI were arthroscopic. I am not allowed to weight bear for at least 3 weeks and will progress gradually according to the physical therapy protocol. I start back at PT next week.

Right knee: I had chondromalacia (arthritis) changes under the kneecap and groove. The cartilage and scar tissue was debrided and smoothed. This was done via arthroscope.

Right ankle: The ankle was quite raw. The synovium around the peroneal tendons were inflamed. My surgeon removed the inflammation and scar tissue. It was a mini open procedure through my existing incision. Hopefully that makes a difference. We will discuss a new brace in a month or so.

Now comes the fun part...PT! I have a post-op appointment in April and hopefully I will have progressed nicely by then.

I will spend the next month or so rehabbing before moving to New England to start nursing school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment