Saturday, December 13, 2014

Decompressed!

On Thursday, December 11, 2014, I underwent a posterior fossa decompression for Chiari Malformation Type 1 (8mm herniation).

Pre-Op with Skate

Post-op!

Incision

The neck pain from retracting the muscles out of the way is pretty awful but each day should get a little easier. I continue to take Tylenol regularly, but that's it.

So far my blood pressure remains stable and I have not needed to take medications to keep it up. My baseline is 90s/60s, and I have been in the 100s/70s range...BOOM!

Symptoms that have disappeared thus far:

  • Tachycardia 
  • Numbness and tingling in hands and feet
  • Dizziness
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Orthostatic Hypotension (may be too soon to say for sure)

My pupils are now back to being equal bilaterally. I am still waiting for the headaches to disappear. However, with the neck pain/muscle tension, that could take awhile longer. I am willing to wait.

Thank you to my surgeon for his great work!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment