Sunday, June 6, 2010

Post-Op days 2-4

Post Op Day 2- I tried to eat chicken noodle soup! That failed! Both of my legs were completely numb except for my hips-don't quite understand that! I was sick a couple of times and PT came to torture me! My nurse Chris gave me a balloon which was nice! It is attached to my bed! I also got yummy chocolate covered strawberries from my mimi and poppy..mmm. My other mimi sent me a very nice card as well..

Post Op Day 3-No lie, probably one of the most painful days I have ever had-all because I took half of a pain med. This wasn't necessarily due to the surgery hip pain, but I was getting the worst migraines ever and felt so sick but everytime I got close I couldn't because I had excruciating pain! I felt like I was ripping through my incision! I felt like this the entire day! I must have had the pain team visit me 5 times in a matter of a couple of hours. My mom bought me a pink shirt an polka dot pjs from the gift shop..i am wearing them now

Post Op Day 4- Today was a little more comfortable until PT came to get me out of bed. That was a horrible experience. The second I sat up I had a migraine, thought I was going to collapse, and felt sick. I was supposed to sit in the chair for at least an hour..but I sat in it for 2 minutes. My nurse Chris (he's my favorite) helped put me back in bed where he had my lie completely flat with a wet towel over my eyes and all the lights off. I felt relief almost immediately. I hope my migraines go away soon or my visit could be longer! Aunt Carol and Kristina came to visit which was super exciting..Thankfully they came at a good part of the day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment