Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Beach!

I am so excited! After physical therapy today my brother and I are going to visit friends at the beach for a couple of days! This will be my first trip to the shore all summer. It's going to be challenging getting on the beach with my hip and knee but I will manage. It'll be great to get out of the house and do something fun. For months I have been craving a California Chicken sandwich from a pizza place down the shore. I will definitely have to eat one while I am there this weekend.

I am actually looking forward to PT today. Maybe today I will walk by myself over the cones! What an accomplishment that would be! I had a really good day yesterday and worked really hard even though the exercises were very difficult. Some of the muscles we targeted haven't been used in several months so I had to teach myself how to use them properly.

This morning was my course scheduling appointment with my advisor. I registered for one class (SJU) as the others were closed. My advisor is contacting the departments and teachers to see if I can be added on. Developing my schedule is a bit challenging. We are trying to schedule classes on only 3 days in order to accommodate my physical therapy schedule. Also due to my hip and knee limitations I have contacted the disabilities director and will be meeting with him next week to discuss other possibilities.

I talked to my gymnastics coach/boss today about returning to work. I am not ready just yet but wanted to give him an update. Once my course schedule is finalized I will be able to determine what days/times I work during the week. I will be working with the level 4's this season which I am extremely excited for. Unfortunately the competition season doesn't start until December so I don't know how many meets I will be able to attend before my surgery in January/February.

I have a lot to look forward to in the upcoming weeks-including a week at the beach with family and friends. I am also ready to get back to school (at least for a semester) and get back into a structured routine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment