Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sharks!

I just got back from the shore with my mom and brother. I had a great time and was so happy to finally get out of the house and do something exciting. It rained all day on Thursday so we spent the day relaxing. We watched the season premier of the Jersey Shore that night as it was only fitting. Ever since I was little we have always gone to Seaside Park-located next to Seaside Heights and no more than a 2 min drive down the street. These days Seaside Heights, NJ is known primarily for the "reality" TV show the Jersey Shore. And yes-we drove by the Jersey Shore house many times during our 3 day trip. In fact we actually saw Snooki, Sammi and Pauly D being filmed coming out of their house and walking to work on the boardwalk. Although the show is beyond ridiculous and in no way accurate- it was definitely a highlight of our trip.

On Friday we spent the day on the beach and the weather was gorgeous. Lately, there have been shark sightings in Seaside Park and Friday was one of those days. While I was reading my book I heard the lifeguard blowing his whistle and people started to exit the water, gathering near the ocean. There had been a shark sighting near the pier down in Seaside Heights and they were making their way towards our beach. We all stood staring out into the ocean waiting. All of a sudden everyone started yelling and sure enough 2 sharks came swimming by-less than 70ft out. About 15 minutes later some guy fishing caught one of the sharks and everyone went crazy. He ended up letting the shark go and was interviewed for Channel 12 News earlier today. However that's not all. Today a shark washed up on shore and had to be guided back into the ocean by a group of guys. It was by far the craziest thing I have ever witnessed at the beach. Shark week begins tomorrow.

In a way this trip to the beach was a test to see how my knee and hip would feel. I am very happy to say that my hip doesn't hurt at all and I even walked without the crutches this weekend-only for short distances of course. My knee feels better but still hurts. I have been wearing the knee brace that Dr. Shiple prescribed and definitely feel more stable. I will be getting more injections on Tuesday and hopefully that will be the end of my knee pain. I will still see my surgeon in August for my post-op appointment and knee evaluation to make sure everything is going well.

I have a holter test scheduled for Wednesday/Thursday of this week and I am hoping it answers some questions. I am hoping that my cardiologist figures out why my O2 levels decrease. I also found out that I have B12 deficiency anemia and will need to have shots once a week for a month. Seeing as every Tuesday I have 40+ injections in my knee, I think I can handle one shot, once a week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment