Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Oh Mister Sun

I have not been sleeping well due to pretty severe back pain. My SI joint is almost completely back in place thanks to Dr. Shiple, but the rest of my back is in spasm all the time. I can't sit comfortably (upright posture or slouching), I can't lie on my back...really I can't find any position that's comfortable. Oh yeah, and I can't use my heating pad--the one thing that helped! My burn, however, is looking amazing and is almost completely gone!

I had my EMG today to determine whether or not I have a neuromuscular disorder causing my atrophy problems. The test was uncomfortable and a little painful at times. I definitely did not enjoy the electric shocks and needle pokes. The doctor that administered the test said that it looks conclusive--I do NOT have a muscle injury causing my atrophy. I do however, have a low firing rate which I will discuss with Cam at PT this week! I will wait to hear back from Dr. Shiple with his take on the report as well!

My best friend Marena is coming to visit today! I can't wait to spend the rest of the week with her! We are both 5 weeks post RPAO--as I mentioned in an earlier post she was my roommate in the hospital. What a great room we had ; ) never a dull moment in 1002NW.

The weather yesterday was unbelievable. I do not understand how it can go from 40 degrees one day to 90 degrees the next. It was absolutely gorgeous out and is expected to be warm and sunny today as well! Usually warm weather makes me think of country music lyrics but today I thought of a Barney song that I am sure everyone remembers--Mr Sun Song! (I blame the electric shocks from my EMG for making me think of the imaginary purple dinosaur).



Oh Mister Sun, Sun
Mister Golden Sun
Please shine down on me

 



All Over Me- Josh Turner
(This is more along the lines of what I would usually have picked)

0 comments:

Post a Comment