Saturday, May 14, 2011

One Arm!

I haven't been updating as often as I usually do. This is in part because I have one arm to type with and it's exhausting and painful for my right wrist. I also don't have much to report on at the moment but here's a quick update on the past week.

I am home--discharged last Saturday! My mom and I spent the night at my grandma's house in Connecticut and we drove home on Sunday.

I am 1 week post-op! I am still in a considerable amount of pain but only take 2 Tylenol once a day. Honestly, I wish I had another hip--I would rather have another PAO v.s. shoulder surgery. Shoulder surgery is rough and very frustrating (and I haven't even started therapy). My entire arm hurts, I can't straighten my elbow, on top of Restless Leg Syndrome I have a restless arm that I want to shake and bend and move! My neck and upper back are in constant spasm. I HATE not being able to use my arm. You don't realize how much you use your arms until you are limited to one.

I see Dr. Shiple on the 24th for my 2 week post-op visit. He will check the incision and I will discuss the procedure and recovery protocol with him. I also start formal PT for my hip next week and will resume therapy on my left knee. I am not allowed to start shoulder therapy until I see my surgeon in June.

Our hot tub was installed this week! The jets feel amazing on my back and the warm water is a great therapeutic aid to all of my joints. It's so relaxing!

I was able to schedule 3 out of my 5 classes for the Fall semester! I WILL return to school this fall and I am very excited. I am also getting my own apartment to be closer to school, work, PT and Dr. Shiple. I am so ready to get back to my life. I still have more surgeries but I plan on having them next summer.

Shane's senior prom is tomorrow and I will be taking pictures. He also has a State Tournament soccer game on Sunday! Go SHANE-O.

The Bruins play Tampa Bay tomorrow in round 3 of the Eastern Conference playoffs! GO B's!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment