Saturday, December 15, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray

My left hip surgery was yesterday. My surgeon said that everything looks good and when he tested the hip during surgery the tendon no longer snapped. I am still nauseous and haven't eaten much. I was told yesterday that because of my blood pressure, pain levels and dizziness that I could be admitted but I chose to leave instead. I will see my surgeon before the Spring semester begins--sometime in January.

I have a 3.5 inch incision down the side of my thigh. It's covered at the moment but I'm sure it looks nice. I haven't used the cryo cuff today because it seemed to burn my skin. Next time I'll put something in between so it does not touch my skin directly.

I still have to go to Boston on Monday to see my ankle/shoulder surgeon I haven't seen him since my shoulder surgery (August) and he wants to discuss my ankle...which has been bothering me. I am just about 1 year post-op and really shouldn't have this much pain. Hopefully he has answers for my ankle and likes the progress I have made with my shoulder.

Hopefully my dizziness and nausea calm down soon so I can eat. I have been taking Tylenol (as always) for pain and it seems to be doing the trick. I also had IM (intra muscular) Toradol while in the hospital which seemed to help.

Before surgery my surgeon and I talked about my knee. I still have a lot of pain over the graft. He is not sure why but was extremely excited to see how stable it is.

I am looking forward to making Christmas cookies with my mom and Aunt and spending time with family over the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your surgery went well and you could come home same day. Enjoy the holiday break and take it easy. Merry Christmas and wishing you a great start to 2013.

    ReplyDelete