Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bruins are Back...

...oh and a quick update!

This Friday marked 4 weeks post-op for my left hip. The hip is still sore at times but I am progressing nicely in PT. I still can't sleep on my left side which is annoying because that is my sleeping side. However, with all of the surgeries I have had over the last 3 years, I have become accustomed to sleeping on my back.

On Friday I also had a MRI of my right knee and ankle as per my surgeon's request. As I mentioned in a previous post, the concern is that I have tears in the graft of my ankle--which was reconstructed last December. My knee pain has been horrible but fortunately it is not a constant pain (like my ankle is). Occasionally my graft pops and gets stuck on the bone. I don't believe the MRI of the knee will show any abnormalities but if there is no improvement by this summer I will likely have the graft elongated slightly. I sent the disc to Boston so hopefully I have some answers this week. I will head up to Boston over spring break to see my surgeons for a post-op appointment and follow-up.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Spring semester and my first semester as a senior in college. I can't say I am excited or ready to start because winter break is always more relaxing but I am getting closer to graduation and that is satisfying. I am also excited for some of my classes this semester as they are more specific to my major and are interesting.

The best news of all, however, is HOCKEY IS BACK! My BRUINS are BACK! I can't wait until the first game on January 19th. Let's drop the puck!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the PT is going so well. Hope you get some answers from the MRI. It's awesome to be a college senior now. I enjoyed that last year for the same reason - the courses were relevant and I really learned a lot that year. Take care --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill! Thanks for the update ...I'm excited hockey is back too! A fair amount for me but more excited for you. Except when the Bruins play the Rangers, of course. Love you.

    ReplyDelete