Sunday, February 24, 2013

Busy Bee

For those that follow regularly, I am sorry for being absent for the last month. This semester has been very hard and I have been incredibly busy. There also hasn't been a lot to update on so I haven't really had any motivation.

The last 2 weeks of classes (and this coming week) have been what I call (and I am sure a lot of other college students do as well) "hell week." It's the time of the semester when your professors assign everything to be due on the same day/week. However, I usually only have 1 "hell week" every two months or so.  This time I have had several consecutive weeks of nonstop tests, quizzes, projects, and assignments. Because I have been running around like crazy (okay fine, a slow-paced uneven walk due to walking boot) it shouldn't have come as a surprise that I got sick last week. I finally seem to be over that and I am looking forward to getting through this week and spending most of my Spring Break in New England/Boston.

My ankle has been getting progressively worse. I have noticed that when I wear the walking boot consistently (as I have been told to do) it hurts less and generally doesn't swell up as much. However, because I find it incredibly annoying to wear the boot inside the house, I typically don't wear the boot consistently, and therefore I have been dealing with more swelling and pain as the days go by. I see my ankle/shoulder surgeon soon and we will discuss the next step then.

I also see my hip surgeon soon, and hopefully we will be able to finalize the right hip plan and discuss whether or not to elongate (slightly) the MPFL graft in my right knee.

I believe tomorrow is my last PT session for my left hip unless I am told to continue at my appointment in March. My left hip has started snapping again, and while it is definitely painful, it doesn't happen nearly as frequently as before. The snapping could be a result of my uneven gait due to walking with the boot.

If anyone is a hockey fan (Bruins or not), enjoy this awesome video of Zdeno Chara's spin-o-rama move to a backhanded goal!

(The Bruins won this game 4-1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment