Saturday, June 21, 2014

Ankle Update and Nursing School Adventures

Last time I posted I had just met with my surgeons and discussed the possibility of ankle surgery in 2015. That is still very likely, just not the procedure that I mentioned before. After speaking with my surgeon again (as my ankle pain is really just unbearable at times), he feels redoing the reconstruction  and removing the cadaver graft is the best option. Instead of the graft, my peroneal tendon would be used as the stabilizer. The first reconstruction was a modified Brostrom/Chrisman Snook procedure. This time he wants to do a traditional Chrisman Snook. It is a big surgery (similar to the first reconstruction) and I will likely have the surgery immediately following graduation. During the recovery period I will be preparing for the NCLEX and healing prior to starting my career.

As I also previously mentioned, I just began an accelerated second-degree nursing program. So far I have completed two courses and did very well. I recently started clinicals and my skills training courses. So far I am really enjoying everything and the people in the program are great. We have been getting together as a group to watch the World Cup USA games and spend quite a bit of time with each other.

I just started having cupping for my back, neck, and IT band. I absolutely love it. It releases so much tension in my upper back and provides longer lasting relief than just a massage. A massage is also part of my treatment, but it is not the sole focus. At this time I go weekly, as my back was in very bad shape when I started. Fortunately, it is right around the corner from campus so I can schedule sessions after my classes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment