Friday, August 10, 2018

Comfy Clothes

I am a BIG fan of comfortable clothes. Everything I buy is soft and comfortable. I do not try to torture myself with clothing items that look great but don't feel good...so no heels for me (but seriously, I would break my ankle if I tried them anyway). I also don't wear jeans or pants with a bulky waist. I am in enough pain as it is...the last thing I need to do is wear clothing that contributes to my pain. However, I also know that when I like what I am wearing, my mood is better too!

I have compiled a list of clothing items (both style and brand) that I find to be comfortable and affordable, while not looking like I just rolled out of bed (not that there is anything wrong with wearing pajamas outside--I have done that too)!

STYLES
  • V-Neck Boyfriend Shirts and Oversized Sweaters
    $20 from Target (A New Day)

    $10-16 at Old Navy
    • This is a staple in my wardrobe as they are loose, comfortable, and relatively inexpensive. I buy most of mine at Old Navy and Target. With a good sale at Old Navy you can find similar items for $4-6.
  • Rompers/Jumpsuits
    Retails at $60 but sold in Nike Outlets at a lower price


    • I LOVE rompers and jumpsuits. They are so easy and comfortable. It's an entire outfit with just one item! I have several rompers from Nike and I love them (see picture above). I also have rompers and jumpsuits from Old Navy, Gap and Amazon.com.   
    • Gap "Strappy Jumpsuit" - $40 (I bought it for $20 on sale)
  • Leggings
    No Boundaries Junior Sueded Jersey Leggings $5.88
    • If I am not wearing a romper or shorts, I am probably wearing leggings. I tend to stick to black leggings from Walmart as they are SUPER soft and comfortable but I also have some fun colored/patterned leggings from a variety of different stores (Target, Nike, Walmart, and Old Navy).
  • Crew sweatshirts 
    • I love (oversized) crew sweatshirts! I wear them all the time with leggings. My favorite brands are Nike and Target.
  • Lightweight hoodies
    $16.99 at Target
    • I have a bunch of hoodies from Target that are so soft and comfortable. They are loose and lightweight, which is helpful when I am bloated from gastroparesis. I wear them with leggings.
  • Zip-up hoodies
    Typically starts at $50 but can be found for less at the Nike Outlet!
    • I LOVE hoodies (both pullover and zip)! Most of my zip-up hoodies are either Nike or from H&M. Zip-ups are really convenient because they are easier to put on and take off, which means I am less likely to dislocate a shoulder in the process.
  • Slides 
    $20-30
    • I do not know what I would do without my slides! I wear them all summer long. I wear Nike slides and I have them in several colors. Of course, I wear them with socks. 
  • Comfortable sneakers 
    Nike Prestos!
    • I am not a HUGE sneaker fan but I have 2 pairs of Nike Prestos. The best part about my prestos is that my ankle brace fits inside them and they match my hockey jerseys!  
My TOP Brands
  • Nike
    • I am a bit of a Nike brat as my dad worked for Nike for 26 years...so I grew up with Nike! But everything is super comfortable and it lasts for a long time!
  • Target
    • I am not sure why Target decided to discontinue their Mossimo and Merona brands as they were really comfortable and affordable (I know a lot of people were upset with the change). I like their oversized v-neck sweaters, rompers, and lounge pants (yes, I wear them out)!
  • Old Navy/Gap
    • Old Navy has great sales and low prices! I buy the same item in different colors.
  • Walmart (mainly for leggings)
    • $5.88 soft leggings for the WIN!
  • H&M  
    • Great for basics and low prices!
Hope this was helpful! This post is not sponsored, nor do I receive any money for promoting these brands! I am simply sharing my favorite go-to items!

Top is from Target (same as the one posted above...but on me!)

Lightweight hoodie from Target (circled)

0 comments:

Post a Comment